Wednesday 21 February 2018

The Elite by Kiera Cass

  BOOK TWO OF "THE SELECTION"

  The cover of this book is more challenging and bolder, which reveals by itself that its content is quite different from the previous one. Maybe red comes perhaps a little too much for me because I'm not a big fan of this colour. But red is usually the aggressive, challenging, vicious colour and it's very appropriate.
  The second book was no less good than The Selection. There are only six left in the competition, which is written even at the top of the front cover. It is precisely under this that they are subordinate and are a sort of "sludge" of all thirty-five girls. It's obvious that the battle for the prince and the throne becomes much more fierce. America does not know who really likes and what she wants. Perhaps this is the biggest conflict in the whole book, it all comes down to her choice, not to all these dangers to society. To the very end, she is uncertain and confused, even for a while to drop out. When this happened I was shocked: what would happen if America dropped before the end of the selection? It wasn't going to be something interesting and maybe the series itself would have lost its meaning.
  Because of my very big curiosity sometimes I glance at the last pages only to take an eye on whether there will be a hit, I just prefer to be prepared in advance so that the shock wouldn't be too big. I did it this time, of course, but I did not understand what was going on, yet I had not read a page from the whole book, how do I expect to know what might have happened to provoke it? That's why it's not good to cheat and look at the end - too much of a spoiler and no understanding at all.
  I read it on the road we I went to Burgas(a city on the seaside of Bulgaria) and I took the two/three hours of going back and forth to read the book. I had reached half the previous day and I finished it. I really liked it, and I know the third one was coming out until September*, and I just did not have the least patience to come out to read it because at the end of The Elite it was really interesting!

  *The review is old, I've read the series when they've been published.

No comments:

Post a Comment