Tuesday 1 May 2018

The Heir by Kiera Cass

   BOOK  FOUR OF "THE SELECTION"

  The fourth book of one of my most favourite series... I didn't expect to have a fourth and a fifth one, I admit. It was so strange at first to think about this series not as a trilogy but as a short series of five novels. The first three were better, however. The last two tell the story of America’s daughter Eadlyn.
 I'm a little disappointed with the cover. Yes, it's nice, but not like the previous ones. It's not my piece of cake, and I don’t like it. Grey is too impersonal and monotonous colour, which I do not like. And the dress doesn't look as sumptuous and gorgeous as the others, but it's more like simple. This reminds me of the Italian TV series Elisa di Rivombrosa and how in the third season with Elisa’s daughter she wore some dresses that were completely different from those of her mother’s and that ruined everything.
  I think I've paid too much attention to the cover. Let's switch to the content. Princess Eadlyn really is a little arrogant and slightly pretentious. Her history differs light years from that of her mother’s and maybe it’s a little frustrating. I expect something else actually… Her Selection is well... quite different, first of all, because it’s the first one made for a princess and not a prince and she has to choose among boys, not girls. All these contrasts turned out to have an influence, and in the beginning, it was difficult to accept the situation, I admit. And for Eadlyn… There's nothing to talk about at all. She had never wanted anything like this and was convinced that eventually, she would complete this circus as she set describes it, without getting married, but I think she's mistaken. I bet she's going to fall in love if she's not already in Kyle. They're just like made for each other. And no, it's not a spoiler, it's a pure assumption that I'm not going to be mistaken for.
  Twenty years later, although the caste system has been removed it still has its invisible shackles over the people and it is a huge obstacle. Before as if with those rebels, it was better because it was clear who were the enemies of the crown, but now… They're not. It's better to be clear than to wonder and worry who they might be.
  Overall, I liked the book and the end... I just don't have words for it. It just made me look forward to reading the last fifth book and I sincerely hope the author doesn't make us sad with some nasty development, but really!
  Maybe I’ll repeat myself, but I definitely recommend the series The Selection and I don't know if and how much negative criticism there is, but I like it and it's worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment