Friday 8 June 2018

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward

  BOOK FOUR OF "BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD"

  The fourth book in the BDB series is about Butch. I liked it a lot actually. That cover... okay, I don't like orange, at all. But wait 'til you see the BG one, it's awesome. The woman from behind is a brilliant idea and it's so beautiful. Oh, and the cover is purple! Yeah, you can say I like purple(*cough* my whole blog design is so purple haha). Only the man looks a bit too humane but... wait, did I mention Butch is a human? So the cover fits all the way.
  As I said, this is another one of my favourite books in the series. Honestly, I liked the storyline with Butch and his development and not that much their love story with Marissa. At some point, I was getting really annoyed at her and I don't know what would I've done to her if she hadn't come to her senses.
  I like that JR Ward thinks that every character should have its own story and a happy ending(well, most of the time). But it'd be very awful if someone doesn't have one and the others are simply continuing with their lives and he/she is miserable.
  Butch became a very important figure in the war with the Lessening Society and I'm happy about it because he was feeling so useless in this vampire world. I haven't mentioned that but I like how the names of the characters are some specific words, like The Destroyer. Or Wrath, or Vishous... 
  Butch is always a funny character; some of the funniest moments in the series are with him. I didn't like that at some point his friendship with Vishous turned out in another direction. I just... I'm not into this kind of things, okay? I'm not insulting anyone but I'm not supposed to like it either.
  I like the ending, it was so intriguing. I wish there was some more. Butch's story... I don't think it's finished, no, there's a lot more to it. Having in mind his origins... oh, yes, I think it's going to be interesting and I really hope Ward has included something more for him in the future. Because Lover Revealed is hardly enough to satisfy my never-ending curiosity and hunger for knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment