Thursday 12 April 2018

Bookish Delights


Hi guys, I'm really excited to introduce you my new blog design which I really like(purple is one of my favourite colours!). So, I decided to make a post about my bookish delights. There's no specific order but a list of the things, I don't know exactly how much right now.

The title is engraved and the cover is matte and
I'm totally in love.
1. "Engraved" title

That's how I call it when the title on a book cover is kind of engraved on the page. I love protruding letters, the feeling when you touch them ah, there's nothing like it. On a hardcover, the sensation is even better!

2. Matte covers

I absolutely love matte covers! I prefer them over gloss ones. They're so stylish and awesome! I don't know about you but for me, it's a real delight. It's soo nice to touch them because they're so amazingly adorable! I'm really glad that most of my paperbacks are matte instead of gloss. The gloss is... simply gloss, I don't like it very much on books and usually, the titles aren't protruded.

3. Bookmarks out of anything

I like creating my own bookmarks which I usually don't ever use because they're too beautiful to be used. Yeah, #bookwormproblems. I like printing bookmarks so I can have whatever I want to be printed on them as well as DIY some e.g. from boxes of chocolates. But honestly, some boxes are very, very beautiful so I can't resist making a new one which I probably won't use. :D Moreover, you'll have your unique KitKat bookmark, for instance. Oh, and I love bookmarks who go with the book itself, these I really keep brand new.

4. Bookish DISCOUNTS

Ah, is there anyone who doesn't love discounts on anything not only books? Well, that's the easiest way to get out of money and maybe get some not so necessary things. But seeing a HUGE discount on books? Meh, that's another story. A few books on the price of two or three? You have my attention already. Also, I'm sure every book lover keeps an eye very carefully on some websites and bookstores not to miss anything about books and discounts.

5. Wandering in a bookstore

Come on, everyone has done it at least once. My mum uses to tell if I enter a bookstore I can't remember to get out. I simply love window shopping in a bookshop - observe anything and everything, see new releases in person... It's so fascinating!

I really love the hardbacks of this series, so cute!
6. Hardback without the dust jacket

I don't like dust jackets. With them, the cover beneath is simply black or grey or something like that with a simple title. That's boring and the dust jacket usually bothers me when reading. So I put it off and guess what, it looks like any other book, especially classics when I want to be obvious what I'm reading. Besides, the cover made on the actual hardcover it's so beautiful! Unfortunately, most of the hardbacks aren't made like that and it's a pity. 😒 I have a few hardbacks without the jacket and oh, they're simply amazing. One is a children book but I have hardly ever seen anything more beautiful than this!

7. Bookish photos

I love going through bookish instagrams. There are so many and beautiful photos out there! Personally, I have partly a bookstagram which I intend to develop a bit more since I used to post a lot of non-related book posts. You can follow me - @shattered_shelves.

8. The library from the Beauty and the Beast

Okay, I don't know how much this is a bookish delight but... I want the library from the Beauty and the Beast. I'm exactly that girl who wants the library while the others dreamed of the prince. For me, this is the ultimate most magnificent library ever! If I have something like that, I'll be the happiest person EVER!


9. Falling hopelessly in love with a fictional character

Tell me about it. Lately, I've been reading Ben Hope series by Scott Mariani and I fell totally in love with the main character Ben Hope. I was fangirling almost all of the time but how can't I? He's sexy, he's badass, he's just... one hell kind of a man. I feel him like my bookish soulmate, really. I haven't read about anyone more perfect than him. I simply love Ben!

10. When reading real life doesn't matter

I like switching off the 'real life button'. I can simply fall in the book, sitting somewhere nice and cosy. That seems the perfect holiday plan for me. I can be all by myself with tons of books as if I've vanished from the world. Reading is a chance to travel and explore, learn and have fun. It's all here in one place - a book.

11. Reading a hilarious negative review in Goodreads

I like reading funny negative reviews. When people are mad they say the first thing they have in mind and it sounds hilarious. I know from great personal experience. I'm sarcastic and when I'm angry about a book, I come up with amazing expressions which make even me laugh.


A total of eleven. What are your bookish delights?

No comments:

Post a Comment