Monday 18 September 2017

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

  BOOK ONE OF "BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD"

 , Definitely this is a world of stormy passions and breathtaking action that will captivate you right away!
  If a friend of mine hadn't given me Dark Lover, the first book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, for my birthday I would never be interested in this series, I confess. Even after she had shown it to me while we were in a bookstore, I still didn't want to read it.
  At first, I was quite sceptical about the book because I hadn't like to read anything in the fantasy genre, I preferred anime with such a subject or even The Vampire Diaries, but vampire books - no. I started it and it immediately grabbed me. I think it is extremely interesting and intriguing.
  The first book tells the story of Wrath and Beth. Wrath is the king of the vampire race and the only one having absolutely pureblood. They call him the "Blind King" because he has an eye damage due to his blood. I like that he has long hair because I'm falling on men who have a little longer hair a little past their shoulders, but it's a lot longer than that. Despite the damage he has, I like the pale green colour of his eyes. Moreover, this physical flaw creates even greater awe in the rest.
  Elizabeth Randall, Beth, is a seemingly human girl who leads a dull and monotonous life: from work to home and from home to work. She has long black hair that reminds me of Wrath. I'm glad she met Wrath because he brought variety to her grey everyday life and revealed to her a whole new world. Beth is an interesting image I like very much. I can't forget her charming black kitten Boo, as I adore cats.
  I've always liked vampires, but those of J. R. Ward made me fall in love with them. I very much like this feature that she has invented her own race completely different from any other. The war between the vampires and the lessers is indeed very large and it causes quite a lot of damage to all of the vampires. And here comes the title of the series. It is called so precisely because of this brotherhood of brave warriors who defend their race from destruction. All six of them really intrigued me and each one had some specific feature. I like the names she chose. They come from different English words, some have even changed with some letter to give them their own uniqueness.

  I am glad to have this book paperback because it has a blue background and I adore blue (the Bulgarian cover is blue)! I even have a book divider to her, which still makes me happy. But the cover is undoubtedly adorable! The design is wonderful and I can only admire the designer (s) of this amazing cover. This one is absolutely amazing, too. I'll look forward to buying it sometime. Ibis Publishers make the best covers ever (I admire every single edition of them for real!)!
  The book is very intriguing and enchanting. There is no way a fan of fantasy not to fall in love with the series from the very beginning. Now as I look back and sincerely thank my friend for giving it to me because it's definitely worth it! I recommend it because you will certainly not be sorry if you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment