Wednesday 20 September 2017

The Selection by Kiera Cass

    BOOK ONE OF "THE SELECTION"

  The first thing that grabbed me was the unique cover. I adore blue, and this dress is like some gorgeous fairy tale! When I showed her to a friend she was outraged and thought it was too childish or something like that, but in my opinion, this comment was totally devoid of any logic. On the cover is a girl with a ball dress, not a child's picture, right? And if I like it, the opinion of others can influence me in no way.
  I was intrigued what this choice of thirty-five girls would be. I bought The Selection maybe a month after its release in Bulgaria because my parents refused to sponsor me. I tried to persuade them to buy it, but no! So, I'm not really sure if it's one or two months after it.
  I read the book during the summer, as well as the second, only for a day each. In the end, I didn't want to end, and after I finished The Elite, I was eager to come out The One. America doesn't want to be even part of the Selection, but because of Aspen, she applies and entry into the race of her life. I personally like Prince Maxon much more. Their story is very interesting, and the time of action they're in is ... indefinitely (that's why it's a dystopia). There is a Third World War, a Chinese state (or somewhat I don't remember exactly) and many other places and events. And this caste system is very interesting and different to me.
The Selection has become one of my favourite series! At first, I didn't suppose it would be a series, I thought there were only three books, that is, a trilogy, but the author, Keira Cass, who, by the way, is one of my favourite authors, has decided to write two more. Well, so I will have more nice books to read and even better as a part of my library, which in turn has increased recently and I will probably make some shifts in it in the future.
  Overall, the book is so intriguing and if it can't grab you with its cover, then I don't know if your eyesight is alright because it's unique! I guarantee that you will be completely enchanted by the story of America Singer and you will not want to leave it until you finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment