Sunday 10 June 2018

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

  BOOK FIVE OF "BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD"

  The fifth book in the BDB series is about Vishous. He isn't one of my favourite Brothers because he likes some extravagant stuff which I really don't like. If you know me, you'd know that I hate 50 shades so... I don't see anything erotic in this s**t. It's a pity he's such a genius and likes things like that. I admit I envy him his intelligence because I like learning and I always want to know more. Computers to him are like the Tamagotchi we the kids of early 00's remember. He's familiar with every technology, science, languages... That's pretty impressive. And to add his ability with his hand to burn things... how can't you like him even more?
  The story of V and Jane is different from the other Brothers maybe because V has his own dark secret. I won't comment on the intimate parts of the book, as I said - not my part. Well, at least it's different from the others, it would've been too one and the same if everyone was like the others. Dr Jane isn't my favourite female character also but in the end, I was so angry about what happened to her. She's a good person and she makes the perfect couple with Vishous. She can understand him and she can see that there's a lot more behind the big brain, like a hear and a soul.
  Well, you might be pretty surprised of V's parents. They're pretty... famous, especially his mother. I liked what she did in the end but I would've hated her as well if I was in his shoes. She left him with his so-called father who abused him and hated him. Having in mind Vishous was his only son (that's such a big thing for narrow-minded people in the past) and it's simply irrational to treat him like that! Usually, males are proud of a firstborn male heir but he... No, I don't get it.
  At least, the ending was sufficient and completely in J.R. Ward's style. Lover Unbound meets the expectations and it's fine. I also like the storyline beyond the love story because I'm so into the vampires' world! This is definitely my favourite vampire series, I don't want to read about any other vampires tbh.
  I think the cover is a nice dark red colour. I wanted to ask you for some time, what do you think about the Bulgarian editions I share with you? Do you like them? And do you think they're better than the originals?

No comments:

Post a Comment