Thursday 28 June 2018

The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward

   ADDITIONAL BOOK TO "BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD"

  This review might be a bit shorter, I'm not pretty sure. An Insider's Guide is actually a novella of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. However, it contains more than an additional story.
  The book contains cut scenes from the books published till now, interviews with the Brothers(that I enjoyed a lot), short stories, detailed information about the books, funny stuff, and most importantly - writing tips from the author herself, J.R. Ward.
She said how someone can become a writer (like needful qualities for the job) and many useful pieces of advice. One of my favourites which I made into a quote was:

"I kind of believe writers are born, not made - but that’s not specific to writing. I think it’s true of athletes and mathematicians and musicians and artists and engineers and the hundred million other endeavours that humans pursue."
  I couldn't agree more with her. That's why I hate when I'm forced to do something when I know I'm not good at it, I don't like it nor get it, this is like a two-way torture. Also about writing, when people simply say "Hey, I'll write", no nope, it doesn't work like that. You need a talent and a very good language knowledge(trust me, I've seen such horrible pieces of writing that I want to tell the person to stop and write never again because he/she can get a Golden Raspberry Award for his/her work). You can't just decide you wanna be a nuclear physicist, for example, without any clue about Physics. So please, if you have no talent for writing, don't write, if literature was a person she(I think it's a she) would scream!
  I really loved the story Father Mine which is a novella about Zsadist and Bella along with their daughter Nalla. It's mainly about Nalla and it's very soon after the birth. I was so sad for Z, he simply didn't like having her near his past but fortunately, everything sorted out.
The chats with the Brothers were so funny but a bit confusing to follow. Well, exactly like a real chat then. Also, I liked the excerpts from all of the books, some of them are so damn funny! It's so cool to have them at an easy access in the book, certainly, I'm dying laughing at some of them.
  Well, I'd recommend reading the Insider's Guide, it's nice and funny, it's simply a short novella so it doesn't matter if you read it or not. This one is quite different and interesting, there are so many things you can read about. J.R. Ward has made a very amusing additional book. I don't see why not read it; it contains some very juicy and curious things, I think you'll find it interesting even if you don't like reading novellas.
  The Bulgarian edition has a very pretty woman on the cover and I really like how the publishers make their covers, they're so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment